Paveking has done different and beautiful segmented paving projects on roads, driveways, patios, walkways and other swimming pool platforms around SA.
In planning, specifying and designing a pavement, Paveking helps and advises its customers to consider the following factors:
* The intended usage of the area to be paved.
* They type of paving block to be used.
* The expected service life of the area.
* The degree of distress that can be tolerated.
Once these have been specified, design of the pavement may commence and we will pay particular attention to the following:
* The type of traffic expected.
* The imposed loads.
* In situ soil conditions and materials.
* The availability of materials.
* Climatic conditions.
* Surface and sub-surface drainage.
Key elements of design are:
* The natural earth material found on site.
* The sub-base, a layer or layers of road building material imported when
natural earth material conditions are poor and /or traffic conditions are heavy.
* A thin layer of selectively graded bedding sand, leveled to perfection.
* The concrete paving blocks, which form the base course as well as the surface wearing course.
* The jointing sand that ills the gaps between every adjacent block.
* Edge restraints, positive support placed around the perimeter of the pavement.
* Drainage, both surface and subsoil, preventing the build-up of water in the pavement layers.
Type of Paveking Pavers:
60mm bevel pavers
60mm & 80mm (industrial) inter-locker pavers